Clarence Blues pipped by Portishead rivals
- Credit: Submitted
Clarence Blues just missed out in their latest OSL match against Portishead.
Both teams had two rink wins, but Portishead came out on top on shots by a 67-63 margin.
Barry Benn, Maurice Phillips and skip Gordon Owen took a three on the first end, dropped one on the next, then took the next nine ends without reply.
The remaining seven ends were shared, with Owen's team claiming a 19-shot win to help secure four league points.
Clarence Golds suffered another defeat at the hands of Ashcombe Knights, going down 75-54.
You may also want to watch:
But they also managed to win on two of the four rinks to claim four league points.
Mike Samways, Bill Halworth and skip Gordon Leigh romped away in the early stages, taking seven from the first two ends.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 3 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 6 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
They slowly pulled away to lead by 12 after 14 ends and although Knights replied with a four on the 15th, Clarence ran out winners by seven.
Results, Clarence Blues 63 Portishead 67: B Benn, M Phillips, G Owen 25-6; M Ford, K Marshall, M Davies 5-34; R Flicker, G Barlow, M Edlin 17-8; R Rossiter, T Mannion, B Sweet 16-17.
Clarence Golds 54 Ashcombe Knights 75: M Peters, J Hayes, J Loveridge 10-19; K Southan, C Ellis, D Weston 6-31; R Packer, G Andrews, I Phipps 15-9; M Samways, B Hallworth, G Leigh 23-16.