Cleeve Ladies impress
Winscombe Ladies 0 Cleeve West Town Ladies 3 - TWO goals from player of the match Charlie Grimes and one from Alice Cook gave Cleeve West Town all three points against Winscombe.
Winscombe Ladies 0
Cleeve West Town Ladies 3
TWO goals from player of the match Charlie Grimes and one from Alice Cook gave Cleeve West Town all three points against Winscombe.
A fairly evenly contested first half saw both sides battling for possession with Winscombe looking dangerous on the break with their two wide players having plenty of pace.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors adapted to the goal threat and the back line of Hayley Lowick, Jayne Hawkins, Rachel Wright and Laura Garlick stood strong and provided the visitors with a solid defence.
Alice Cook opened the scoring after a quick break down the left. Turning her player on the edge of the box, her shot hit the crossbar but bounced just inside the goal to put the visitors one up.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Winscombe started the second half stronger and pushed for the early equaliser. With Heidi Hodgson returning after a long spell out from injury they had an added edge as they started to push Cleeve back.
Their eagerness to push forward inevitably caused their downfall as they committed players to the attack they were caught out at the back by a quick break.
Amanda Pollard provided the killer pass to Grimes on the edge of the box before she curled her shot past the keeper. Grimes added another 10 minutes later after being put through by Tash Hale and found the back of the net with a well placed strike.