Cleeve Ladies impress
Winscombe Ladies 0 Cleeve West Town Ladies 3 - TWO goals from player of the match Charlie Grimes and one from Alice Cook gave Cleeve West Town all three points against Winscombe.
Winscombe Ladies 0
Cleeve West Town Ladies 3
TWO goals from player of the match Charlie Grimes and one from Alice Cook gave Cleeve West Town all three points against Winscombe.
A fairly evenly contested first half saw both sides battling for possession with Winscombe looking dangerous on the break with their two wide players having plenty of pace.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors adapted to the goal threat and the back line of Hayley Lowick, Jayne Hawkins, Rachel Wright and Laura Garlick stood strong and provided the visitors with a solid defence.
Alice Cook opened the scoring after a quick break down the left. Turning her player on the edge of the box, her shot hit the crossbar but bounced just inside the goal to put the visitors one up.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Winscombe started the second half stronger and pushed for the early equaliser. With Heidi Hodgson returning after a long spell out from injury they had an added edge as they started to push Cleeve back.
Their eagerness to push forward inevitably caused their downfall as they committed players to the attack they were caught out at the back by a quick break.
Amanda Pollard provided the killer pass to Grimes on the edge of the box before she curled her shot past the keeper. Grimes added another 10 minutes later after being put through by Tash Hale and found the back of the net with a well placed strike.