Clevedon girls put up a good fight
Ashton Girls B Under-12 4 Clevedon United JFC 1 - CLEVEDON Girls played their second game away against Ashton Girls on Bedminster Down on a small pitch.
Ashton Girls B Under-12 4
Clevedon United JFC 1
CLEVEDON Girls played their second game away against Ashton Girls on Bedminster Down on a small pitch.
Laura Hearn and Sophie Riggot created some good chances and Laura scored Clevedon's goal after some good work from Emily Loving. The score was 2-1 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Laura had many more chances, along with Jenna Bird and Sophie up front, but Ashton managed to score two more goals during the second half. Yasmin Little stood in again as goalkeeper and earned a well deserved player of the match award as the final score could have been a lot more to Ashton.
Carly Ackland had a strong game in defence with the help of Crystal Stokes and India Bessant. Despite Ashton having won by 25 goals the previous week, Clevedon, should not be disheartened with their performance.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Any local Years 6 or 7 girls looking to play football, should contact manager Paul Ryan on Tel 01275 794313.
Frampton Rangers 0 - 1 Portishead Juniors
The Portishead Under-11 girls continued their excellent start to the season with a hard-fought win over Frampton Rangers A.
Player of the match Kyla Probert provided a fine pass through to Chelsea Hill who finished in great style to put Portishead in front in the first half. Rhea Hall and Izzy Batchelor worked tirelessly in midfield with Sophie Dumine going close to add a second goal.
Defenders Rosie Collings and Eloise Hubbard were determined in defence protecting keeper Aimee Morgan whose goal-kicking was superb. Portishead are now unbeaten in their first four games with two wins and and two draws.