Clevedon miss their chances
Cullompton 16 pts Clevedon 13 pts - CLEVEDON lost this highly entertaining game because they did not kick their attempts at goal, poor line-out, and a moment's lack of concentration.
Cullompton 16 pts
Clevedon 13 pts
CLEVEDON lost this highly entertaining game because they did not kick their attempts at goal, poor line-out, and a moment's lack of concentration.
The came started with a lot of scrappy play.Clevedon took the lead with an interception try by Tom O'Rourke, but he kick failed and then missed a relatively easy penalty. A good attacking move ended with Clevedon kicking away possession when a pass may have resulted in a try and they again missed a kick at goal.
You may also want to watch:
Then came the lapse in concentration. A penalty attempt at goal by Cullompton drifted wide, but instead of Clevedon catching the ball they let it bounce and the hosts poached a try, which they converted. They increased their lead with a penalty and led 10-5 at the break.
Clevedon started the second half with a bang and scored an excellent try with Mike Lowis coming into the line, but again the kick was missed.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Clevedon finally took the lead with a penalty by Mike Lowis. The game now became a lottery with the referee giving numerous penalties and not allowing the game to flow. Cullompton kicked two late penalties to win.
Disappointing, but Clevedon were not at their best but did out-score the opposition two tries to one.
Next Saturday, Clevedon are home to table toppers Hartpury College, kick-off 2.30pm.