Clevedon miss their influential players
CLEVEDON 1ST XV 13 pts NEWTON ABBOT 1ST XV 21 pts - CLEVEDON entertained play-off candidates Newton Abbot and were without captain John Potts and the influential Owen Biggins.
CLEVEDON 1ST XV 13 pts
NEWTON ABBOT 1ST XV 21 pts
CLEVEDON entertained play-off candidates Newton Abbot and were without captain John Potts and the influential Owen Biggins.
Newton started the brightest and took an early lead with a try in the corner. Clevedon soon hit back when winger Steve Johnson intercepted to run in a try which he in turn converted.
You may also want to watch:
Newton then charged down a kick to score their second try. Just before the interval, Johnson kicked a penalty to bring the scores level at half time.
The second half started with both sides intent on running the ball. The Clevedon line-out was inconsistent, but Harvey Russell at No 8 was outstanding. Newton increased their lead with two penalties, Johnson replying with one.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Going into the last quarter it was anybodys game, but a loose kick by Clevedon resulted in a counter attack by the visitors, enabling them to score the decisive try.
Clevedon travel to Paignton on Saturday, coach leaves 11am.