Clevedon miss their influential players
CLEVEDON 1ST XV 13 pts NEWTON ABBOT 1ST XV 21 pts - CLEVEDON entertained play-off candidates Newton Abbot and were without captain John Potts and the influential Owen Biggins.
CLEVEDON 1ST XV 13 pts
NEWTON ABBOT 1ST XV 21 pts
CLEVEDON entertained play-off candidates Newton Abbot and were without captain John Potts and the influential Owen Biggins.
Newton started the brightest and took an early lead with a try in the corner. Clevedon soon hit back when winger Steve Johnson intercepted to run in a try which he in turn converted.
You may also want to watch:
Newton then charged down a kick to score their second try. Just before the interval, Johnson kicked a penalty to bring the scores level at half time.
The second half started with both sides intent on running the ball. The Clevedon line-out was inconsistent, but Harvey Russell at No 8 was outstanding. Newton increased their lead with two penalties, Johnson replying with one.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Going into the last quarter it was anybodys game, but a loose kick by Clevedon resulted in a counter attack by the visitors, enabling them to score the decisive try.
Clevedon travel to Paignton on Saturday, coach leaves 11am.