Clevedon on top in local derby
Clevedon 22 pts Yatton 3 pts - THIS was a typical hard-fought local derby with both sides fielding under-strength sides due to injuries.
Clevedon 22 pts
Yatton 3 pts
THIS was a typical hard-fought local derby with both sides fielding under-strength sides due to injuries.
The early exchanges were evenly fought but Clevedon took the lead when an attempt at goal fell short, but Chris Cates followed up and touched down in front of a bewildered Yatton defence and Mike Lowis converted.
You may also want to watch:
Yatton forwards gave a dogged performance but Clevedon had the edge in mobility. Good line-out ball was quickly moved wide for Owen Biggins to crash over for a try, but before the interval Sam Osbourne dropped a goal for Yatton. Clevedon lead 12-3 at the break.
The second half saw Clevedon dominate but they were unable to finish off with the final pass going astray. Joe Williams at scrum-half had an outstanding game and worked well with the back row of Owen Biggins, Harvey Russell and Roger Birkin.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Worle opticians wins award
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
Good forward play resulted in quick ball for Tom O'Rourke to score a try and again from good rucking and mauling Ryan Smith emerged to score a try.
Yatton never gave up and it was only solid defence by Clevedon which kept them out. Mike Lowis had an outstanding game, and the pack was well lead by skipper John Potts.
Next Saturday, Clevedon are home to Cullumpton, kick-off 3pm.