Clevedon on top in local derby
YATTON 3 pts CLEVEDON 22 pts - THIS was a typical local derby with no quarter given by either side Clevedon took an early lead with a try by the strong running Simon Johns.
YATTON 3 pts
CLEVEDON 22 pts
THIS was a typical local derby with no quarter given by either side
Clevedon took an early lead with a try by the strong running Simon Johns. Yatton dictated the first quarter but could not penetrate the Clevedon defence, but got on the score board with a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon's line-out functioned well and it was from a line-out and following ruck that Owen Biggins scored a fine try. Steve Johnson converted to add to an earlier penalty as Clevedon led 15-3 at half time.
Clevedon playing up the slope expected to defend, but Yatton posed little threat and Clevedon dominated the half and should have scored more points, but Yatton's defence held firm.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Clevedon played good controlled rugby and added to their score with a try by Steve Johnson after a sparkling handling movement. Ben Hazeldine converted.
On a heavy pitch, both teams were glad to hear the final whistle and retire to the bar.
Next Saturday, Clevedon travel to Torquay, coach leaves 11am.