Clevedon pay the penalty
Newton Abbott 23 pts Clevedon 12 pts - THIS was a great game played in windy conditions.
Newton Abbott 23 pts
Clevedon 12 pts
THIS was a great game played in windy conditions.
Clevedon, playing with a gale force wind at their backs, dominated most of the first half. Their line-out was good and the scrum solid and they took the lead with a well worked blindside move which Joe Kaniecki finished off with a touch down in the corner. Ben Hazeldine hit the upright with the conversion attempt.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon were not afraid to throw the ball around and play rugby, which led to their second try when a counter attack started by Mike Lowis and the ball went through many hands before James Shopland touched down on his seasonal debut and Hazeldine converted.The hosts hit back with a well worked try and conversion before half time.
Clevedon started the second half by defending well, but played mostly in their own half. They conceded too many penalties and Newton Abbott took the lead by kicking three of them. Clevedon were under pressure, but they tackled well to keep their line intact.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Man jailed for filming women without their knowledge
Newton Abbott now were in the driving seat and finished the game with a converted try, when the left winger slipped a few too many tackles to score under the posts.
Next Sunday, Somerset Cup, Tor away, coach leaves11am, kick-off 2 pm.