Clevedon safely through to the next round
Tor 12 pts Clevedon 25 pts - THIS first-round Somerset Cup match was played in blustery conditions.
Tor 12 pts
Clevedon 25 pts
THIS first-round Somerset Cup match was played in blustery conditions. Clevedon played with the wind at their backs and attacked from the first and took the lead after a quickly taken tapped penalty saw Owen Biggins go over for a try which Ben Hazeldine converted.
Clevedon had a great deal of possession but lost too many turn over balls. Good pressure by the Clevedon forwards resulted in Dave Rawle scoring a try wide out. The line-out worked well with Harvey Russell leaping well and quick ball off the top saw Tom O'Rourke go over for a try.
You may also want to watch:
Before the break Tor scored a try up the blindside from a scrum and defended into the wind well and performed doggedly.
The second half saw Clevedon run everything instead of kicking into the wind. Ben Hazeldine increased their lead with a penalty. Tor, due to the wind, came more into the game and Clevedon had a great deal of defending to do.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 FA Cup: Weston AFC drawn to play Dorking Wanderers in third qualifying round
A swift handling movement ended with Tom Thie scoring in the corner. Harvey Russell and Ryan Smith had good games and Dave Burns on the wing had an impressive debut. The final score went to Tor who scored a superb try which was converted.
Next Saturday, Clevedon entertain Paignton, kick-off 2.30pm. In the evening there is a band night at the club, Corvus in full swing. Everyone welcome.�2.50 a ticket.