Clevedon seniors triumphant in county rose bowl final
CLEVEDON Golf Club won the county inter-club Somerset Seniors Rose Bowl for the first time in the competition s nine year history.
CLEVEDON Golf Club won the county inter-club Somerset Seniors Rose Bowl for the first time in the competition's nine year history.
All rounds were played on neutral courses and early matches saw the team defeat Worlebury, Enmore Park and last year's winners Farrington, the highlight being a hole-in-one by club captain David Fife.
Triumph over Vivary Park in the semi-final was achieved in tough conditions on a wet and windy links course at Burnham and Berrow and a thrilling final against Bath brought together two evenly matched sides with Clevedon just edging it 3 and 2.
Clevedon's junior co-ordinator Tony Brown was awarded this year's volunteer award for his outstanding contributions to junior golf in the county at the annual dinner of the Somerset Golf Union.
You may also want to watch:
Tony, a long-standing member of the club has been junior co-ordinator since 2004 and during this time has, almost single-handedly, taken care of all aspects of running the junior section. He has been instrumental in instilling positive attitudes and this has resulted in Clevedon excelling in the County Junior Championships (winners in 2008) and the Bristol and District Junior League.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences