Clevedon slip up at Paignton
Paignton 11 pts Clevedon 3 pts - ON a heavy pitch, both sides played running rugby, and the handling skills could not be better.
Paignton 11 pts
Clevedon 3 pts
ON a heavy pitch, both sides played running rugby, and the handling skills could not be better.
Clevedon started well and should have taken the lead, but stout defence kept them at bay, but they landed a penalty by Steve Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
Paignton looked dangerous with ball in hand, but Clevedon's tackling was equal to it. Clevedon had a player yellow carded and during this period and Paignton equalised with a penalty.
Clevedon started the second period on the offensive and spent a period on the hosts' line but failed to turn pressure into points. Clevedon then had another player yellow carded which did not help their cause. In these conditions they greatly missed Mike Lowis and Harvey Russell.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
Paignton kicked a second penalty, and when Clevedon had another player in the bin, Paignton scored a try against a six-man pack.
Next Saturday, Clevedon are home to Sidmouth, kick-off 2-30pm.