Clevedon struggle against the Fishermen
CLEVEDON 1st XV 10 pts BRIXHAM 1st XV 25 pts - CLEVEDON opted to play into a very strong wind, and were soon behind when a clearance kick failed to find touch.
CLEVEDON 1st XV10 pts
BRIXHAM 1st XV 25 pts
CLEVEDON opted to play into a very strong wind, and were soon behind when a clearance kick failed to find touch.
Brixham ran the ball back and poor tackling let them in for a converted try. This did not deter Clevedon and due to their forwards they got themselves back into the game, with some determined mauling and rucking, and keeping the ball at close quarters into the wind.
You may also want to watch:
They were rewarded with a well executed try for Rory Biggins to score near the posts. Surprisingly the conversion was missed. Clevedon struggled to win their line-out ball and this became a major disappointment through the game. Before half time, Brixham increased their lead with a penalty.
Everyone thought Clevedon had done the hard work into the wind, and it would be plain sailing second half, but it was not to be.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
Clevedon could not provide a platform to present good ball. They continued to lose their line-out and were under pressure in the scrums. Brixham drove over for a try, which started to set the alarm bells ringing.
It did not help Clevedon's cause that the out of hand kicking was poor, and the fact that they could not kick the points when they were available.
Clevedon conceded a penalty for lack of discipline. The final nail in the coffin came when Brixham ran the ball from deep and scored a converted try.
Clevedon never gave up and good forward work produced a try for Ben Chase, again the kick failed.
Not a game to be remembered, and hope that lessons have been learned for next week.
Next Saturday, Clevedon are away to Chosen Hill. Coach leaves club at 11.15am.