Clevedon struggle against the Fishermen
CLEVEDON 1st XV 10 pts BRIXHAM 1st XV 25 pts - CLEVEDON opted to play into a very strong wind, and were soon behind when a clearance kick failed to find touch.
CLEVEDON 1st XV10 pts
BRIXHAM 1st XV 25 pts
CLEVEDON opted to play into a very strong wind, and were soon behind when a clearance kick failed to find touch.
Brixham ran the ball back and poor tackling let them in for a converted try. This did not deter Clevedon and due to their forwards they got themselves back into the game, with some determined mauling and rucking, and keeping the ball at close quarters into the wind.
You may also want to watch:
They were rewarded with a well executed try for Rory Biggins to score near the posts. Surprisingly the conversion was missed. Clevedon struggled to win their line-out ball and this became a major disappointment through the game. Before half time, Brixham increased their lead with a penalty.
Everyone thought Clevedon had done the hard work into the wind, and it would be plain sailing second half, but it was not to be.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Clevedon could not provide a platform to present good ball. They continued to lose their line-out and were under pressure in the scrums. Brixham drove over for a try, which started to set the alarm bells ringing.
It did not help Clevedon's cause that the out of hand kicking was poor, and the fact that they could not kick the points when they were available.
Clevedon conceded a penalty for lack of discipline. The final nail in the coffin came when Brixham ran the ball from deep and scored a converted try.
Clevedon never gave up and good forward work produced a try for Ben Chase, again the kick failed.
Not a game to be remembered, and hope that lessons have been learned for next week.
Next Saturday, Clevedon are away to Chosen Hill. Coach leaves club at 11.15am.