Clevedon triumph in top of the table clash
CLEVEDON Lawn Tennis Club's men s first team played a top of the table clash against Woodlands Tennis Club recently.
CLEVEDON Lawn Tennis Club's men's first team played a top of the table clash against Woodlands Tennis Club recently.
Clevedon ran out 8-2 winners with James Bassett and Sid Faulkner winning both their matches, whilst Paul Maggs and Mike Dale won one.
The second team played away at Woodlands and won 8-2. The third team, which consisted of Seb Hind, Rob Lewis, Alex Harrington and Jon Burgoyne, played Winscombe's B team at home and produced a convincing 10-0 win.
The Avon League matches on Friday night pitched Clevedon's first team against Bristol's Cleeve Hill. The match was hotly contested and finished with an unlikely 5-5 draw with all the rubbers, sets and games being even at the end. Clevedon's second team also played at home and won 8-2 against David Lloyd's second team
You may also want to watch:
To round up a busy tennis week at Clevedon, the men competed in an Aegon Team Tennis match against Bath's Lansdown Club. James Bassett, Alex Allen and Ryan Reynolds won their singles matches and Clevedon followed with two doubles victories to take a 5-1 win.
Clevedon now go on to play Knowle, where a victory would secure a place in the regional qualifying stages.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences