Clevedon triumph in top of the table clash
CLEVEDON Lawn Tennis Club's men s first team played a top of the table clash against Woodlands Tennis Club recently.
CLEVEDON Lawn Tennis Club's men's first team played a top of the table clash against Woodlands Tennis Club recently.
Clevedon ran out 8-2 winners with James Bassett and Sid Faulkner winning both their matches, whilst Paul Maggs and Mike Dale won one.
The second team played away at Woodlands and won 8-2. The third team, which consisted of Seb Hind, Rob Lewis, Alex Harrington and Jon Burgoyne, played Winscombe's B team at home and produced a convincing 10-0 win.
The Avon League matches on Friday night pitched Clevedon's first team against Bristol's Cleeve Hill. The match was hotly contested and finished with an unlikely 5-5 draw with all the rubbers, sets and games being even at the end. Clevedon's second team also played at home and won 8-2 against David Lloyd's second team
You may also want to watch:
To round up a busy tennis week at Clevedon, the men competed in an Aegon Team Tennis match against Bath's Lansdown Club. James Bassett, Alex Allen and Ryan Reynolds won their singles matches and Clevedon followed with two doubles victories to take a 5-1 win.
Clevedon now go on to play Knowle, where a victory would secure a place in the regional qualifying stages.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation