Coaching at Burnham
Coaching is still available at the Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham.
DESPITE an excellent summer of tennis nationally, with Andy Murray and Laura Robson excelling, the head coach of the Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham, has had to cancel two events due to lack of numbers.
There are still junior tennis coaching squads that run every night of the week for all ages and abilties with pay and play tennis sessions on Saturdays for members and non members.
Adult coaching is now on Friday evenings (6.30-8pm) or Saturday afternoons (2- 3.30pm). A tennis tot session, for four to five-year-olds, is available from 10-11am.
A new adult membership offer will be available at the club from October 1, which will include 10 coaching lessons and membership of the club until March 31, 2013 for �75. Anyone interested should contact Vinny Duddy at the club on 01278 782758.
You may also want to watch:
The club will be running the Ron Hines Memorial Trophy on October 28 from 11am and all are invited to attend and play in this competitive social doubles tournament. The BW Controls Ltd junior tournaments for Mini Red (Under-8s) and Mini Orange (eight to nine-year-olds) will also run on October 28 from 11am and 1pm respectively. Anyone wishing to enter should contact the club.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3