College graduates set to play in select squad
- Credit: Archant
Four former Weston College students have been selected to play for an England Select Under-23 team.
THREE Weston College football graduates and a BTEC student have been selected to play in an England Select Under-23 squad, one kick from the England C team.
Goalkeeper Luke Purnell, aged 22, striker Jake Harris (22) and midfield player Dayle Grubb (22), all of Worle, along with Bradley Ash (17), of Burnham, have been talent spotted.
Weston College football director, Ryan Northmore, said: “This is the first time anything like this has happened and a real achievement for the college.
“Luke teaches sport at Priory School in Weston and Dayle, who was named Weston Football Club player of the year last season, studied a foundation degree here. Bradley has started his BTEC, while Jake was snapped up by Newport before returning to us with a Wembley appearance to his name.”
You may also want to watch:
The quartet all play for the town’s football club in the Skrill Conference South, made up of 22 teams spanning from the South West to Dover.
They will now go on to test their skills in front of England C team manager, Paul Fairclough, at the selection match in Devon.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course