Colts earn maximum points
Hornets Colts earned maximum points with a fine victory over Avonmouth.
Hornets Colts 42 pts
Avonmouth OB 19 pts
PLAYING the first of two fixtures between these two sides within 12 days, Hornets secured maximum points with this victory over Avonmouth.
They eased into an early 15-0 lead inside the first 10 minutes, courtesy of tries from Aedan Coleman, Danny Bailey and Byron Marriott, who both scored and assisted with tries during his cameo 13-minute appearance.
You may also want to watch:
A scrum won against the head of a bigger Avonmouth pack resulted in the ball going through the backs hands for winger Jacob Hill to score a fourth try on 24 minutes, but the visitors scored a converted try to make the half-time score 20-7.
Coach Andy Fido deployed the whole of his bench at the break and the replacements all played their part in the second half. Special mention goes to Carbase man of the match Devon Rudden, who played the entire match at scrum-half for the opposition.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
One of the replacements, Leon Counsell, stamped his mark on the game within three minutes, scoring after a break by Aaron Fry, who also had a hand in Ash Locker’s first try.
The windy conditions made kicking difficult on a surprisingly good surface and Hornets managed only one successful conversion from their eight tries, Jack Osborne obliging from Locker’s second try under the posts.
Avonmouth scored twice during the second half, with Coleman completing the home side’s scoring in the corner.