Colts’ players impress at Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Four Burnham colts’ played for the first team and all played extremely well.
Burnham 19 pts
Chosen Hill 31 pts
BURNHAM captain Russ Pike was yet again forced into making changes to his squad and called on the depth of the colts team, calling up Mike Nash for his 1st XV debut, along with John Edwards, Ben Stacey and Alex Watkins.
All four lads played extremely well when on the field of play, which meant that 13 of the squad were under the age of 23.
You may also want to watch:
Burnham started well applying pressure from the off and it was not long before they scored through Pike, who skipped his way past three defenders touch down, converted by Piper.
Burnham kept up the pressure and were rewarded for their efforts through Josh Holder who barrelled his way over from five yards. Piper converted for a 14-0 lead. A spilled ball on the Chosen five-yard line was cleared and following a chase, their full-back crossed to make the half-time score 14-7.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
With the second half under way, the weather changed for the worse with the rain making it difficult for both sets of players struggling to make do with the slippery ball.
Chosen hit back with two converted tries to put themselves into the lead, but Burnham hit back with a try for Mike Hocking to take the score 19-21. Two more tries towards the end of the game saw the visitors pull away and finish the game 19-31 winners.