Colts run in eight tries
Hornets Colts started the New Year in fine style, running in eight tries against Trowbridge.
Trowbridge 7 pts
Hornets 52 pts
HORNETS Colts started the second half of the season in fine style, running in eight tries against a spirited Trowbridge side.
Josh Caulfield, Ben Reseigh and Arthur Rousell all touched down twice, while Andrew Wheller and Sam Balkham added their names to the scoresheet. Connor Davidson added three conversions, Conor Littlewood two and Adam Francis one to make the final score 52-7 in favour of the Hornets.
You may also want to watch:
Hornets opened the scoring when Caulfield celebrated his return to the club with a typically powerful drive from close range for a converted try. Some slick handling from the backline then freed up Balkham to dive over in the corner for the second try.
After Trowbridge had clawed a score back after a mix-up in the Hornets’ defence, Francis’ beautiful flat pass sent wingman Rousell diving in for Hornets’ third try. Wheller showed great determination to force his way for another converted try leaving the half-time score at 26-7.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
After the break, tighthead prop Reseigh struck twice in succession with two impressive long-range efforts, both following some silky skills from hooker Kieran Ward.
Caulfield rounded off a superb all-round Windsor Castle man of the match display by diving in for his second try. Rousell scored his second and Hornets’ final try after the winger had worked hard to support another attack.
In the pack, Joe Howe was outstanding as were Reseigh and Ward. Davidson hustled his opposite number well at scrum-half, while keeping his own game in tact on a muddy track and Francis kicked well for territory from fly-half. Special mention must also go to Sam Lewis who had an excellent match.