Comfortable cup success for Crusaders
- Credit: Archant
Weston Crusaders Under-14s moved into the next round of the Somerset Cup with a comfortable victory over Weston Town.
WESTON Crusaders Under-14s travelled to Weston Town in the Somerset Cup.
Town started confidently and went ahead after a defensive lapse saw Heal lash home an early goal. Aidan put Charlie through to equalise before Crusaders missed a penalty, but Jake tapped in a second to lead 2-1 at half-time.
Charlie got a second before Ethan scored a rare headed goal from a corner. The goals started coming as they clicked through the gears in the second half with a hat-trick from James and a goal each from Callum, Mike and Ben as the game finished 10-1 to Crusaders.
Man of the match sponsored by Wayne Coombes Decorating went to Snedds.
You may also want to watch:
BURNBRIDGE Wanderers Under-13s kept their winning run going as they defeated unbeaten Cheddar for the second time this season.
In a tentative first-half, both keepers had little to do. The first clear cut chance fell to Connor, who burst through the Cheddar back line only to be flattened by the keeper. This was to be the end of the game for Connor as he was rushed off to hospital.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
The back four of Josh, James, Ben and man of the match Ryan defended well, helped out by winger Obi. The midfield of Archie, Tom and Dan were in good form, setting up Alex, Obi in and Jack.
Cheddar came racing out of the blocks in the second half and were 2-0 to the good, with two neat finishes past Charlie. Good work by Isaac, Archie and Obi set up Tom to halve the deficit.
Cheddar switched on after the Burnbridge goal, scoring three goals in quick succession with some lovely build up play and super finishing. It should have been six when Charlie brought down a Cheddar striker in the area, but he made a fabulous diving save from the penalty.