Comfortable cup success for Crusaders
- Credit: Archant
Weston Crusaders Under-14s moved into the next round of the Somerset Cup with a comfortable victory over Weston Town.
WESTON Crusaders Under-14s travelled to Weston Town in the Somerset Cup.
Town started confidently and went ahead after a defensive lapse saw Heal lash home an early goal. Aidan put Charlie through to equalise before Crusaders missed a penalty, but Jake tapped in a second to lead 2-1 at half-time.
Charlie got a second before Ethan scored a rare headed goal from a corner. The goals started coming as they clicked through the gears in the second half with a hat-trick from James and a goal each from Callum, Mike and Ben as the game finished 10-1 to Crusaders.
Man of the match sponsored by Wayne Coombes Decorating went to Snedds.
You may also want to watch:
BURNBRIDGE Wanderers Under-13s kept their winning run going as they defeated unbeaten Cheddar for the second time this season.
In a tentative first-half, both keepers had little to do. The first clear cut chance fell to Connor, who burst through the Cheddar back line only to be flattened by the keeper. This was to be the end of the game for Connor as he was rushed off to hospital.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
The back four of Josh, James, Ben and man of the match Ryan defended well, helped out by winger Obi. The midfield of Archie, Tom and Dan were in good form, setting up Alex, Obi in and Jack.
Cheddar came racing out of the blocks in the second half and were 2-0 to the good, with two neat finishes past Charlie. Good work by Isaac, Archie and Obi set up Tom to halve the deficit.
Cheddar switched on after the Burnbridge goal, scoring three goals in quick succession with some lovely build up play and super finishing. It should have been six when Charlie brought down a Cheddar striker in the area, but he made a fabulous diving save from the penalty.