Comfortable cup win for Colts
Hornets Colts ran out comfortable Somerset Cup winners in their tie against Bridgwater.
HORNETS Colts welcomed Bridgwater to a rainy, windswept Nest for this Somerset Cup tie.
The game started at a fierce pace and Bridgwater’s large pack caused problems for Hornets. The first score came after superb interplay between Richardson and Locker, who provided good ball for Williams to launch an attack. Slick handling put Holyday in a gap and he bulldozed his way over, converted by Humphris.
Against the strong wind, Hornets’ handling was first class as more surging runs by Constable, Eades and Hartley kept Hornets inching forward. A five-metre scrum was finished off by No 8 Bate, who picked up and drove over the line.
After a series of runs in midfield by Coleman and Holyday, they set up a breakdown and when Richardson spotted nobody home on the wing, he surged over.
You may also want to watch:
Another set of rucks quickly followed and Hornets progressed upfield and when Humphris got superb service, he spotted a gap in midfield and ghosted through under the posts to make an easy conversion for himself.
After the break, Bridgwater were determined to get a score back, but outstanding defence kept them out. After soaking up huge pressure, a huge Humphris clearance kick was well-chased by Wall and, after a series of rucks, Locker was on hand to offload to Aplin who outstripped the defence to score a great try.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 10 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
Hornets were not quite finished and a storming run by prop Hancock saw him touch down has Hornets ran out 34-0 winners.