Comfortable for Burnham
Burnham Seconds entertained Ivel Barbarians and recorded a comfortable 22-0 victory.
Burnham 2nd XV 22 pts
Ivel Barbarians 0 pts
BURNHAM Seconds entertained Ivel Barbarians and recorded a comfortable 22-0 victory.
Burnham opened the scoring with a penalty by Alex Watkins. This was followed by a try from Matt Love, after good work by Alex Bowkett. The try was converted by Watkins.
You may also want to watch:
Just before the break, good play by Ash Morris, Rob Lewis, Josh and Watkins, set up Love for his second try to put Burnham 15-0 up.
In the second half, Ivel put the hosts under pressure but their defence held firm. Burnham hit back with good attacks from captain Matt Slater, John Edwards and Love.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Near the end, a pick up and go by Lewis saw him crash over the line, converted by Watkins for a final score of 22-0.
Man of the match was Matt Love.