Comfortable for Burnham
Burnham Seconds entertained Ivel Barbarians and recorded a comfortable 22-0 victory.
Burnham 2nd XV 22 pts
Ivel Barbarians 0 pts
BURNHAM Seconds entertained Ivel Barbarians and recorded a comfortable 22-0 victory.
Burnham opened the scoring with a penalty by Alex Watkins. This was followed by a try from Matt Love, after good work by Alex Bowkett. The try was converted by Watkins.
You may also want to watch:
Just before the break, good play by Ash Morris, Rob Lewis, Josh and Watkins, set up Love for his second try to put Burnham 15-0 up.
In the second half, Ivel put the hosts under pressure but their defence held firm. Burnham hit back with good attacks from captain Matt Slater, John Edwards and Love.
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
Near the end, a pick up and go by Lewis saw him crash over the line, converted by Watkins for a final score of 22-0.
Man of the match was Matt Love.