Comfortable league victory for Town

Weston Town Under-13s defeat Berrow 13-1 in their latest league encounter.

WESTON Town Under-13s went into this clash at Berrow confident of a fourth successive league win and came away 13-1 victors.

Town started strongly with Josh Baker kicking off his hat-trick after only two minutes and doubling his tally after seven minutes. Jack Griggs also netted two goals in the first half, separated by a 25 yard strike from Jo Rout, who also scored a penalty when Baker was brought down. Lewis Mclean finished the first half display with a great finish to give Weston a 7-0 lead.

After the break, confusion in defence allowed Berrow to beat Connor Harris in goal.

Soon after Rout finalised his fourth hat-trick in four league games. James Fewings bagged two goals in the latter stages with Baker and Griggs completing their hat-tricks. A corner by Rout provided a rare goal from defender William Grove.

You may also want to watch:

Man of the match went to Lewis Chappell.

The Under-14s remain top of the league after beating Backwell Athletic 4-2.

Most Read

The first half was dominated by Weston and defensively Weston looked solid with good performances by Matt Attwater and Kieran Knapp. Backwell scored against the run of play to go into the break with a slender lead.

Keeper Killian Vick made a good save before Dan Berry slotted home from close range. He then grabbed his second when his cross beat the keeper and then bagged his hat-trick after a ball from Rico Canella was netted.

Backwell got themselves back into the game before Jamie Ramplin netted his first of the season to keep up Westons 100 per cent record.

The Mercedes Benz man of the match award went to Jack Hockey.

WESTON St Johns Under-14s defeated Portishead 6-3 in an entertaining match.

Saints opened the scoring when Jake Willcox broke through. A minute later Willcox set up Nathan Welling, but his shot found Josh Bosley, who scored. Reece Summers gave away a penalty, but the spot kick hit the post.

Just before the break, another cross found Welling, who calmly scored to give St Johns a 3-0 lead.

Portishead started the second half well and pulled a goal back. Seconds later, Portishead knocked in their second to trail by one goal. Willcox then netted his second goal and Brandon Bohin scored a brace to stretch the lead. Portishead fought back hard in the last 15 minutes and great goal keeping by Conor Callaghan kept the scoreline down.

However, Portishead netted a consolation goal to complete a 6-3 victory for St Johns.

Man of the match went to Jake Willcox.

WORLE Under-13s travelled to Portishead for this top of the table clash and lost 6-2.

Portishead took the lead, but Worle bounced back with captain Lucas Elliman scoring a fine individual goal. Portishead regained the lead before Thomas Starr slid in Tom Stephens only for the offside flag to be raised.

Portishead were the stronger in the second half and added four more goals with Lucas adding a second for Worle.

Trowbridge Plumbing and Heating men of the match went to Sam Walkley and Alex Young.

The Under-9s made it four wins from four with a disciplined performance away to Gordano.

Some fantastic football saw team captain Bailey Kempster net five goals. Not to be outdone Joseph Plumbley hit four, Jake Maine and Rory Miller added one each to give Worle all three points.

Keeper Aaron made a great save to keep his fourth clean sheet of the season. Man of the match was awarded to Jake Maine.

KEWSTOKE Under-14s great start to the season continued with a 7-2 victory at home against Axbridge Saxons.

Kewstoke took the lead through Sean McCarthy after Ryan Eardley’s square ball. Axbridge forced a good save shortly after from Max Burfor, before Ben Fondu scored the second.

Kewstoke applied more pressure and further goals followed for Fondu, Connor Harding and Ryan Eardley.

In the second half, Axbridge pulled two goals back before Eardley added one more before the end. Kewstoke also missed a penalty in the last minute.

The Under-10s B team battled hard to win its second league match of the season against Nailsea.

Nailsea took the lead before Kewstoke fought back with new signing Keelan Swails firing home the equaliser. Great pressure from all of the Kewstoke players, especially Dylan Baylis and Bob Stead, forced Nailsea back and Swails netted the winning goal.

The Under-13s travelled to play Winscombe in the second round of the Tesco County Cup.

Kewstoke took an early lead when Green released Nathanial, who crossed the ball for Aidan McKenna to score. Soon after Nathanial lobbed the Winscombe keeper for the second and just before the break, Geoff English scored the third.

Winscombe reduced the deficit and then hit the bar. Oggy made the game safe for Kewstoke when he scored, but Winscombe scored a late consolation goal.

Kewstoke Athletic Under-11s visited a spirited Nailsea Rangers side and beat them 9-1.

With Rangers stretched, Kewstoke got off the mark with a Sam Ford goal. Szymon Swiercrwna made it two with a fine solo effort, before captain Thomas Perry added two more. Ryan Hill finished off nicely to make it five.

Hill opened the scoring in the second half, with nice finishes from Matty Frost and Tim Page coming soon after.

The Andy Page Web Design man of the match went to Sam Ford who scored a second at the end.

Unbeaten Kewstoke Under-15s went top of Division 3 with a confident team display against Wedmore.

Charlie Gibbons put Kewstoke ahead when he pounced on a loose ball and this was followed with Kewstoke’s second from Josh Donoughue from the penalty spot.

Wedmore mounted considerable pressure resulting in several outstanding saves from Kewstoke’s keeper James Adams before Wedmore got one back on the stroke of half-time.

After the break, Kewstoke stepped up a gear, using the wings with great effect. Kewstoke’s third came from a quick throw in by Thomas Lloyd-Evans to Gibbons, his pass found captain Cory Kellaway in the box to blast the ball home.

Soon after, Kellaway was on target for his second following good work by Gibbons. Despite further chances from Marc Frost and Oliver Norville it was Wedmore who scored next. Kewstoke’s central midfield of Jack Stewart and Theo Payan battled hard in front of the organised back four of Kieran Malone, James Biggs, Kieran Bellingham and Nick Riley to see the game out and send Kewstoke to the top of the table.

Harlow Hygiene man of the match was Charlie Gibbons.

The Under-16s beat Yatton Athletic 2-1 in a top of the table clash. Kewstoke opened the scoring when Ryan Hill scored from a Mike Deane assist.

In a tight midfield battle, Jake Groves, Ben Harris, Mike Deane and Lawrence Mayer worked hard to deny Yatton any space. The back four of Josh Selwyn, Luke Flanagan, Connor Andrew and Jak Cochrane worked well as a unit.

Against the run of play, Yatton won a penalty which was put wide. As Yatton got back into the game they equalised from a corner.

A number of tactical changes were made in the second half as Jordan Sole, Lewis Clamp and Tyler Marshman were introduced. Kewstoke took the lead when Billy Judd slipped the ball through to Ben Harris who calmly finished.

As Yatton strived for the equaliser, Luke Bryant was a calming and assured presence between the posts for Kewstoke. In an outstanding team performance, the Milton Auto Services man of the match was Mike Deane.

CRUSADERS Under-16s travelled to Cheddar for their first away league match of the season.

It took Crusaders a while to settle and this led to a hard-working Cheddar taking a first-half lead.

After the break, Crusaders came out stronger and it was a fine individual run from Bolitho that set up Lawrence for the equaliser. Chances were created at both ends, but as the final whistle went the score 1-1.

Formula 1st man of the match was Jordan Bolitho.

The Under-11s travelled to Winscombe in the cup. Crusaders went 1-0 down after Winscombe scored.

The hosts played well defensively in the second half, but Crusaders came back to score three goals by Matthew Hayden, Matthew Walsh and Brennan Hollie to make the final score 3-1 to Crusaders.

PRIORY Under-12s entertained Worle and won a exciting match 6-5.

Starting with one substitute too many, a special mention goes to Isaac Sloan who stood down. Priory took the lead when Sam Simons played in James Flower to make it 1-0.

The Priory defence of Josh Palmer, Joe Fennell, Sam Simons, Cameron Jamieson and Nick Hitchens held up well and kept Worle at bay. Priory doubled their lead when Flower set up Kieron Smith.

Worle equalised when they scored two goals in two minutes and went on to take a 4-3 half-time lead.

After the break, Dan Nunnes-Hunt played in Flower to make it 4-3 and equalised when Smith set up Nunnes-Hunt. Christian Jones crossed for Dan Press to score and two minutes later Worle equalised.

The winner came when Jamieson played a ball for Harry Beresford to run into the Worle box before making it 6-5 to Priory.

Man of the match was Kieron Smith

Priory Vikings Under-11s were soon defending against Clevedon United and Ayden Chenoworth saved a certain goal. Ronnie Allen and Bradley Lucas fought well in midfield, but Clevedon were soon 2-0 up.

Kai York made a fine cross, but Allen’s shot went wide. Joe Statham made two great saves, but couldn’t stop Clevedon scoring a third.

Priory fought hard in the second half with Will Durston and Statham keeping Clevedon out, but they soon scored their fourth. Chenoworth then connected with Nathan Langdon’s cross to reduce the deficit. Despite Durston, Chenoworth and Langdon battling hard, Clevedon scored again to win 5-1.

BANWELL Under-12s travelled to Burnbridge Wanderers hoping to progress to the quarter-finals of the cup.

Banwell created many chances before a fine corner by Jack Partridge saw Sam White head the ball home. Burnbridge hit back to score twice. The defence of Burns, Vernon and Jenkins were marshalled well by captain Jimmy Edwards and they soon settled.

Just before half-time, Banwell scored three quick goals. Partridge, who was pulling all the strings in midfield, unleashed a thunderbolt from 20 yards. Then Kaan Berk netted before a great strike from Joe Honey produced a fine save from the keeper, but White pounced on it to score Banwell’s fourth and his second.

Banwell started strongly in the second half and it wasn’t too long before Harrison Giles scored Banwell’s fifth. Honey and Berk worked hard, but Burnbridge scored two goals to set up an exciting finale.

Special mention to Jack Partridge, who received the man of the match and supporters’ man of the match awards.

? TRAINING will start for Banwell’s new under-6/7s team, 10.30-11.30am, October 23 at the Riverside ground, BS29 6EE.

For more information, call Dan White on 07540 418057.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter