Comfortable passage for Weston
Somerset Cup holder Weston had an easy passage into the next round.
BRISTOL MANOR FARM 0
HOLDERS Weston had an easy passage into the next round of this season’s Somerset Premier Cup as they easily overcame a gallant Manor Farm side, who kept trying right to the end.
Although Weston were in control right from the star, poor finishing prevented them from scoring until the 44th minute when Matt Huxley beat keeper Lee Ballard from close range.
You may also want to watch:
However, Weston struck again a minute later when Jamie Price’s corner was not cleared and Dayle Grubb scored.
The home side mounted several promising attacks, but they failed to break down Weston’s defence, their best chance falling to Ben Murray who forced a full-length save from Lloyd Irish.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Substitute Marcus Duharty, on his first appearance of the season, used his pace to get behind the defence and provide a low cross for Grubb to turn in for his second.
Minutes from the end, Price added the fourth after substitute Chris Young’s effort was beaten out by Ballard.
Goals: Weston, Huxley (44), Grubb (45, 75), Price (85).
Shots on target: Manor Farm 1, Weston 6.
Shots off target: Manor Farm 4, Weston 8.
Corners: Manor Farm 6, Weston 8.
Offsides: Manor Farm 4, Weston 1.
Free kicks conceded: Manor Farm 8, Weston 7.
Referee: David Ricketts. Good game. Used his whistle sparingly.
Weston squad: Irish, Price, Slocombe, Martin, Diallo, Ingram (Young 65), Cleverley, Trowbridge (Grubb 19), Huxley, Pepperell (Duharty 73).