Comfortable victory for Burnham
Burnham enjoyed a comfortable victory away at Barts.
Barts 14 pts
Burnham 27 pts
BURNHAM travelled to Barts and came away with a comfortable victory.
Burnham started well forcing their hosts into conceding a penalty, duly converted by Conway. The hosts fought back, keeping Burnham pinned in their own 22 and after a series of penalties, the referee awarded Barts a penalty try.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors struck back when Pope’s jinking run was supported by Wikipedia. Burnham recycled twice before Alex Chase crashed over.
Burnham started the second half with strong intentions, quickly forcing Barts to concede two penalties, both converted by Conway. However, this was swiftly followed by Barts being awarded a penalty line-out, from which they scored to make the score 14-14.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
From this point, Burnham took a stranglehold on the game, catching Barts offside, Conway converting. This was followed by Beaumont Dickens swapping passes with Pope, before scoring under the posts. Just before the end, Conway added another penalty to round of the match 14-27.
Burnham 2nd XV 29 pts
Morganians 2nd XV 14 pts
THE seconds enjoyed a victory over near neighbours Morganians.
Morganians player-coach Elisi Vunapola was back and he led the Morganian forwards into the Burnham half of the pitch. However, Burnham’s defence was solid with the back row of Tom Stevens, Ben Stacey and debutant Ben O’Hallaoran tackling ferociously.
Tim Piper opened the scoring with a penalty and after good work by Alex Watkins, Ash Tucker and Mason Shaw, Elliot Donnely crossed in the corner. Morganians replied with a try by their No 8.
In an ironic twist to the game, a long pass by Vunipola was intercepted by ex-playing partner Piper to dive under the posts. He converted his own try. Burnham were not done and Piper scored against after good work by Adam Sharp.
After the break, Watkins linked up with Gibb to go over in the corner. The game hotted up with both sides looking to finish in a flurry, but it was Morgs who finished with a well worked try.