Comfortable victory for girls
- Credit: Archant
Hornets girls Under-13s enjoyed a comfortable victory over Gordano.
HORNETS’ girls’ Under-13s entertained Gordano at the Nest in their first full game of rugby.
Hornets put pressure on the visitors straight away and scored after five minutes through Ruby Richardson. Gordano responded well and scored quickly from the restart.
Soon after, player of the match Charmaine Bowen took the ball at pace and sidestepped the opposition to score the first of her first tries. Next to score was Bethany Janes with a determined strong run. The visitors replied and at half-time the score was 6-4 to Hornets.
In the second half, Hornets scored first through a great storming run by Millie Mann for the first of her four tries, followed by Bowen’s fourth try.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts scored four tries in the last 10 minutes to finish 14-7 winners.
Tries: Charmaine Bowen (4), Millie Mann (4), Ruby Richardson (3), Meg Snook (2) and Bethany Janes.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 8 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 9 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
Hornets Girls would like to thank the RAF for sponsorship of their kit.
Any girls aged 10-12-years-old who like to give rugby a go, please contact team manager Jenny Cockayne for more information on 077177 90838.