Comfortable victory for girls
- Credit: Archant
Hornets girls Under-13s enjoyed a comfortable victory over Gordano.
HORNETS’ girls’ Under-13s entertained Gordano at the Nest in their first full game of rugby.
Hornets put pressure on the visitors straight away and scored after five minutes through Ruby Richardson. Gordano responded well and scored quickly from the restart.
Soon after, player of the match Charmaine Bowen took the ball at pace and sidestepped the opposition to score the first of her first tries. Next to score was Bethany Janes with a determined strong run. The visitors replied and at half-time the score was 6-4 to Hornets.
In the second half, Hornets scored first through a great storming run by Millie Mann for the first of her four tries, followed by Bowen’s fourth try.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts scored four tries in the last 10 minutes to finish 14-7 winners.
Tries: Charmaine Bowen (4), Millie Mann (4), Ruby Richardson (3), Meg Snook (2) and Bethany Janes.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
Hornets Girls would like to thank the RAF for sponsorship of their kit.
Any girls aged 10-12-years-old who like to give rugby a go, please contact team manager Jenny Cockayne for more information on 077177 90838.