Comfortable victory for Hornets Colts
Hornets Colts defeated a strong Chepstow side 38-21 in their first match of the season.
HORNETS Colts welcomed Chepstow from across the Severn Bridge to a packed Nest and recorded a fine 38-21 victory.
Chepstow started strongly with a well-taken try and conversion was the result. Hornets hit back through Bate, whose slight of hand found Hill, who finished in style, converted by Humphris.
Hornets now were firing on all cylinders and a series of penalties got Hornets near the Chepstow line, when Aplin set up Hartley for the pack to push him over for another try, converted by Humphris. Chepstow replied with two well-taken tries to go into the lead at the break.
After the break, surging runs got Hornets close. Another penalty quickly taken by Constable found Richardson at pace and he drew the defence to allow Bate to dive over.
You may also want to watch:
Another line-out and slick hands in the backs saw stopped just short, but Higgins was on hand to finish, converted by Humphris.
Chepstow were now tiring and making mistakes and the Hornets capitalised. Blake Williams stole a ball at the scrum and found Richardson, who fed Francis to scorch over.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Changes to bus services in Weston
More pressure at the line-out on Chepstow’s ball and an error by the visitors and Francis was sharp to penalise and score, converted by Keano.