Comfortable victory for Uphill
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club’s D team comfortably beat Mark 7-2 in the league.
UPHILL D team were in action against local rivals Mark and came away with a 7-2 victory.
The match began with the three mixed pairs all going Uphill’s way making the score 3-0. Uphill did not have it all their own way with Uphill’s Bethan Dunning and Rohan Weekes being taken to three games by Mark’s Elaine Callaghan and Kevin Walke.
Uphill secured victory in the match by winning the next two ladies’ doubles and men’s rubbers by moving into a 5-0 lead.
Uphill ladies Dunning and Jess Hargreaves lost their first game 18-21 to Callaghan and Elaine Howard, but the hard smashing of Hargreaves and accurate serving from Dunning, made the remaining two games safe.
You may also want to watch:
The Uphill double pairing of Rohan Weeks and Luke Morgan overpowered Walke and Paul Moundson. The men continued their success and convincing won their ties.
Rohan and Paul Wright beat Mark’s Kevin and Matthew Emerson and Paul and Luke Morgan outplayed Mark’s Paul and Matthew Emerson.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Mark ladies had a resurgence by taking two rubbers, with Dunning and Dannie Stone losing to Callaghan and Alison Kelley. In the last ladies’ match, Hargreaves and captain Stone won the first game, but Mark’s Coward and Alison Kelley won the second game 22-24. The Mark pair won the third game 7-21 to take this thoroughly deserved rubber.