Burnham 2nd XV travelled to Wellington and came away with a 50-7 victory.
BURNHAM Seconds travelled to Wellington and came away with a comfortable victory.
The visitors started well when Mike Whitfield opened the scoring, which he also converted. The score was doubled when Dan Berry drove over, again converted by Whitfield.
Wellington looked dangerous at times, but were kept out by good defensive work by Rob Lewis, Glen Cutter, Matt Slater, Tom Stevens, Arron Rees, Dave Harris and Ash Morris.
An excellent move by Rob Lewis, Lee Berry and Dan Berry, resulted in a solo effort by Alex Bowkett, who also converted as Burnham ended the half 21-0 to the good.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with Burnham camped on the Wellington 22. Blistering runs by Rob Lewis, Bowkett and Lee Berry were paying off.
It was from a break by Whitfield and some neat recycling of the ball from Smith, Ben Bowkett and Morris that saw Whitfield cross for his second try.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
This was quickly followed by Ben Bowkett’ charge, which enabled Dan Berry to score, quickly followed by another for his hat trick. There was a further try for Ben Bowkett and a consolation score for Wellington.