Burnham 2nd XV travelled to Wellington and came away with a 50-7 victory.
BURNHAM Seconds travelled to Wellington and came away with a comfortable victory.
The visitors started well when Mike Whitfield opened the scoring, which he also converted. The score was doubled when Dan Berry drove over, again converted by Whitfield.
Wellington looked dangerous at times, but were kept out by good defensive work by Rob Lewis, Glen Cutter, Matt Slater, Tom Stevens, Arron Rees, Dave Harris and Ash Morris.
An excellent move by Rob Lewis, Lee Berry and Dan Berry, resulted in a solo effort by Alex Bowkett, who also converted as Burnham ended the half 21-0 to the good.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with Burnham camped on the Wellington 22. Blistering runs by Rob Lewis, Bowkett and Lee Berry were paying off.
It was from a break by Whitfield and some neat recycling of the ball from Smith, Ben Bowkett and Morris that saw Whitfield cross for his second try.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
This was quickly followed by Ben Bowkett’ charge, which enabled Dan Berry to score, quickly followed by another for his hat trick. There was a further try for Ben Bowkett and a consolation score for Wellington.