Comfortable win for the ladies
Hornettes recorded a comfortable victory at Gordano.
HORNETTES played their first league game on the season away at Gordano.
The ladies were unable to fulfil a full 15 and played 12-a-side. The game started with both sides equally matched, until a breakaway run by Hornettes resulted in Laura Clarke crossing the line. The conversion was missed due to a lost kicking tee.
From the restart, Gordano attacked hard and found a hole in the Hornettes’ defence which allowed them to equalise. After the restart, Hornettes took control of the game crossing the line three more times before half-time, all were converted for a half-time score of 26-5.
Gordano came back hard after the break, but Hornettes took control, making good counter attacks which resulted in crossing the line three more times for a final score of 43-5.
You may also want to watch:
Forward of the match was Donna Janes, backs of the match were Lou Watson and debut player Abbey Constable.
Any ladies ages 18+ interested in playing, please ring Emma Small on 07429 868505 for more details.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences