Competition time at Burnham & Berrow
Burnham & Berrow Golf Club enjoyed a busy weekend of competitions over the weekend.
It was a busy weekend with competitions at Burnham & Berrow Golf Club.
Seniors’ captain Clive Collins hit form with two wins. Firstly in partnership Neil Folland, he won the Charles Parry Foursomes Trophy, which is a matchplay knockout competition. In the final they beat club chairman Harvey Sampson and his partner Mark Parsons 3&2.
His second win came in the seniors’ Stableford and Palmer Tankard. His 39 points giving him a one-shot victory over Bob Smith (38) and two ahead of Peter Lismore and Mark Biddle, who both scored 37 points.
Dave Pearce took the honours in Division 1 of the March medal with a nett 69. A cold northerly breeze made scoring difficult for competitors with Division 2 being won by Dave Nicholls with 74, but only after a countback over Martin Candy and Nick Knapman.
You may also want to watch:
Jean Booth came out top in the ladies’ Stableford with 33 points and Graham Jackson won the Channel medal with a nett 73.
The Junior Crook Trophy for juniors was dominated by the girls, with Harriot Lockley winning with 29 points on a cold day, one ahead of Mimi Rhodes (28) on the Championship Course and Jess Haines taking the honours on the Channel Course with 39 points.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
Results - March Medal – Division 1: D Pearce 69; C Audin 70; R Shackell 71; M Houghton 72; A Deakins 72. Division 2: D Nicholls 74; M Candy 74; N Knapman 74; G Petrie 75; S Seymour 76.
Ladies Stableford – Channel: Division 1: J Booth 33 pts; E Biddle 30; K Charles 29. Division 2: S Solomon 42; T Folland 38; M Vickers 36. Channel Medal: G Jackson 73; S Truscott 73; J Truscott 74.
Junior Crook Trophy (Championship): H Lockley 29 pts; M Rhodes 28; C Millington 24. Channel: J Haines 39; R Bowden 35; M Jones 29.