Comprehensive victory for Burnham
A confident Burnham side enjoyed a comprehesive victory over Cheltenham.
Burnham 50 pts
Cheltenham 14 pts
Burnham produced a confident performance against Cheltenham and took the opportunity to blood two more development squad players, with Ryan Beard playing from the start.
From the kick-off, Burnham scored when good work by Jordan Paul and Josh Holder set up Russell Pike to score out wide. A few minutes later, Burnham won good line-out ball in their own 22, drove on enabling Jordyn Wikitera to burst up the pitch and set up Paul to cross the line.
You may also want to watch:
Burnham kept up the pressure and Safar created enough space for Holder to score in the corner. On the stroke of half-time, Cheltenham scored a converted try to make the score 15-7.
After the break, Burnham stole the ball from a maul, Spelman broke out and with 50 metres to go he found Matt Love on his outside to race in under the posts. Holder converted.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Relentless pressure from Burnham gave Ryan Beard to cross the line, for Scott Havercroft to add the conversion. Ten minutes later, Wikitera picked up and crashed through to score, against converted by Havercroft.
A 50-metre burst from Wikitera saw him touch down before Paul raced in from 90 metres to score, both converted by Havercroft, before Cheltenham score a late try.