Comprehensive victory for Hornets Colts
Hornets Colts started the league season with a comprehensive victory over St Marys.
HORNETS Colts welcomed St Marys to The Nest for their first league match of the season and put down a marker for the rest of the year, with an outstanding performance.
From the first kick of the match, perfectly placed by Humphris, Bate caught the ball and quick hands by the backs saw Turner scamper over with only 45 seconds on the clock.
From the restart, Aplin retrieved the ball and the forwards marched up the field with a series of quick rucks, directed by Solomon, before Bate entered the line at pace to crash over, converted by Humphris.
Superb interplay with the forwards and quick hands by the backs saw Solomon finish in style, converted by Humphris. Richardson, Locker and Dover were dominant in attack and when St Marys had the ball, Hornets knocked them back.
You may also want to watch:
The next score was similar to the rest, the forwards giving good ball for the backs to spring into action and Taylor was next on the score sheet.
Three more tries were scored in the first-half, with Coleman, Dolcezza and Keano all touching down.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Holyday linked up with his centre partner Coleman to get the next before St Marys were rewarded by scoring a fine try of their own. There were further tries for Hill, Bate and an outstanding solo run by prop Constable as Hornets finished 59-7 winners.