Comprehensive victory for Weston
- Credit: Archant
Weston comprehensively beat the Wyndham Arms in the Somerset Super Darts League.
WESTON hosted the Wyndham Arms in the Somerset Super Darts League and registered a comprehensive victory.
Weston, currently in fourth spot, were on the hunt for a heavy win to close the gap at the top. The hosts started well with Kev Austen (22.78) winning 3-0 and on board two, Darrell Brown won 3-2.
Weston dropped the next game 1-3, but upped a gear with wins by Seamus Slattery (22.80) and Tim Strutt (22.17). The victories kept on coming as Weston cruised through with Martin Vanedgemeister and Paul Tyler (22.47) both winning 3-0.
Meanwhile, on board two, Ricky Harding (3-0) turned in his usual performance with a 25.24 average, swiftly followed by George Turnbull being successful (24.86).
You may also want to watch:
The final game on board one was lost, but on two, Gary Howell (20.03) won 3-0. The singles were finished off by captain Nick English also winning 3-0 with a 180.
Weston went into the pairs with a commanding lead of 31-9. Slattery and Strutt got the game rolling with a 3-2 victory, but Weston lost the other opening game. They got back on the winning trail by Turnbull and Tyler winning 3-1 and Vanedgemeister and Harding 3-0.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
With the game in the bag, every leg counted to help Weston’s promotion chase, but lost the last game on board one, but the final game of the night went Weston’s way being won 3-0 by Bobby Moore and Austen.
Weston’s final tally was 45-18 with the 49 Club man of the match going to Ricky Harding. The next game is on March 16, away to Black Widows in Bridgwater. The bus leaves at 7pm.