Concorde Rangers next for Weston
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare host Concord Rangers in the National League South on the second Saturday of February.
Concord Rangers have won their last two games, but they have both been at home and, on their travels in the league this season they have only won so far at two grounds.
They were 3-2 winners at East Thurrock United on January 1, and their other away success was a 2-1 December 2, victory at Bognor Regis Town.
Stephen Cawley is Concorde rangers top scorer this season with 11 goals to his name so far – eight from open play and three from the penalty spot.
The Seagulls go into the game boosted by the signings of Jason Pope and Jacob Cane to the list of recent signings and contract extensions.
You may also want to watch:
Both players have each committed themselves to Weston for the duration of this current season and additionally all of next season.
Weston coach Marc McGregor says of the signings: “We are pleased to have secured both Caney and Popey to the end of the 2018/19 season. We are well in to the planning for next season already, there will be further signings to follow as we aim to keep this talented squad together and enhance it with carefully selected, quality additions.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 8 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 9 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
He continued: “With the construction of the adjacent 3G facility now underway as well the future for the club is looking extremely bright, from the academy right up to the first-team.”
The game with Concord Rangers is the first of a run of three home games in 10 days as Weston also host East Thurrock United on Saturday, February 17 and then entertain Chelmsford City three days later in a midweek match.
Weston-super-Mare went down 5-1 to Whitehawk in their last league game – on the same day Concord Rangers were 2-1 home winners against Oxford City.
Concord Rangers go into the game sitting 14th in the South Division, three places and five points below Weston-super-Mare.
The kick-off at the Woodspring Stadium is 3pm.