Confident Colts record narrow victory
A confident Hornets Colts side recorded a narrow victory over Cleve.
AFTER two good performances, Hornets Colts went into this friendly against Cleve with confidence high.
In perfect conditions, the large Hornets squad were given a lesson in rucking and how to win the breakdown area, before the scrum-half can release the ball. Cleve were performing well but Hornets kept them out until they eventually breeched the line to go ahead.
When a penalty was awarded on halfway, a trademark quick tap penalty by Solomon was taken on by the backs. Bate drew the last man for Hill to open Hornets’ account.
Another altercation at the breakdown by Cleve and a penalty smartly taken and a perfect pass found Bate out wide. He brushed off the winger and full-back for a well-deserved try.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw major changes to the team to give valuable game time to all members before the league starts.
Solomon, standing in at fly-half, put in the perfect attacking kick and Osborne was rewarded for his chase when he crossed under the posts, before converting his own try.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
Cleve were not to be outdone and came back again and got another well-earned try before Hornets replied with a try for Hartley. The game was ebbing and flowing and Cleve managed the final score of the game to make the final score 22-15 to Hornets.