Confident win for Winscombe
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe’s Mike Coe struck a century in his side’s comfortable victory over Wells.
WINSCOMBE seconds began their Division 7 campaign with a confident win over Wells 2nds.
Winscombe won the toss and elected to bat, opening with father and son Mike and Matt Coe. Wells managed to take two early wickets which brought Steve Bawden to the crease to join Coe senior.
These two began to build a commanding position with some mighty blows Coe was in good form, before finally being removed for a magnificent 101. Bawden was removed for 42 and Rob Perry and 68-year-old Ken Lunn scored 41 and 37 respectively as Winscombe finished on 256-6.
Winscombe made an early breakthrough with Ian Boucher removing one of the openers, but the other opener Barber (45), proved more difficult.
You may also want to watch:
With some tight bowling and terrific fielding, in particular an impressive overhead catch from Steve Bawden, ensured Winscombe took wickets at regular intervals with Dwayne Mayne taking 2-37, Josh Bawden 2-29 and Ian Boucher 3-54.
With this win, Winscombe picked up 33 points from this opening game.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats