Congresbury Reserves through to the next round on penalties
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Congresbury Reserves defeated Locking Park on penalties to progress to the next round of the Knockout Cup.
Congresbury Reserves 2
Locking Park 2
(Congresbury won 4-2 on penalties)
A DETERMINED Congresbury Reserves progressed to the next round of the Knockout Cup after winning on penalties against Locking Park.
You may also want to watch:
It was all Park at the start of the first-half and they went 1-0 up after some great skill from Tom Rolls, who set up Ryan Harris to tap in. Although two minutes later it was 1-1 after Congresbury beat the offside trap to nutmeg Locking goalkeeper Jake Farrow.
In the second half, Harry Hornigold went close again, but sent his shot over the bar. Rolls got a deserved goal after a pass from James Bromley. Congresbury continued to pressure and after Joe Pearson was robbed in midfield, the resulting shot deflected off Bromley and looped over Farrow for the leveller.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
In extra time, Harris had a header cleared off the line and Will Poole hit the underside of the bar, but the scores remained level and after uncharacteristic misses from Harris and Rolls, Congresbury won the match 4-2 on penalties.
Locking man of the match went to captain Dan Windsor.
Knockout Cup round 1: Clevedon Utd A 5, St George (E-in-G) Res 1; Berrow Res 5, Axbridge Town 2; Congresbury Res 2, Locking Park aet (4-2 pens); Draycott 5, Selkirk Utd 1; KVFC 4, Kewstoke Lions Res 1; Nailsea Utd A 0, Portishead Town A 1 (aet); Sporting Weston 1, Cleeve West Town Res 2; Yatton Ath Res 5, Uphill Castle Res 4 (aet).
Division 1: Worle Rangers 2, Weston Super Seagulls 1.
Division 3: Cleeve West Town A 1, Clapton-in-Gordano 2.
Division 4: Westend Res 6, AFC Nailsea Res 0.
Division 5: Axbridge Town Res 3, Congresbury A 3.
Davis Shield preliminary round: Axbridge Town Res v Nailsea Utd B (S Acton).
Division 1: Locking Park v St George (E-in-G) Res (A Gibbons); Nailsea Utd A v Hutton (D Bryant); Winscombe Res v Portishead Town A (M Sprague); Worle Rangers v Cleeve West Town Res (C Connor).
Division 2: AFC Nailsea v Congresbury Res (R Connolly); Berrow Res v Uphill Castle Res (P Fisher); KVFC v Yatton Ath Res (K Gould); Sporting Weston v Westend (D Carstensen); Wedmore v Axbridge Town (I Smith).
Division 3: Burnham Utd A v Winscombe A (S Cahill); Churchill Club 70 Res v Cleeve West Town A (tba); Clapton-in-Gordano v Cheddar A (T Boylan); Kewstoke Lions Res v Portishead Caledonian Thistle (J Cooper); Worle Res v South Park Rangers (tba).
Division 4: Clevedon Utd B v St George (E-in-G) A (J Cox); Hutton Res v Clapton-in-Gordano Res (tba); Shipham v Uphill Castle A (D Pinnock); Westend Res v Dynamo Locking (R Dyer); Worle Rangers Res v Portishead Town B (T Billinghurst).
Division 5: Clapton-in-Gordano A v Congresbury A (T Barlow); Portishead Town Colts v Selkirk Utd (W Jones); St Pauls Church FC v South Park Rangers Res (M Gavin); Wrington Redhill A v Wedmore Res (K Fox).