Convincing home win for Rebels
- Credit: Archant
Somerset Rebels recorded a convincing 58-33 home win over Redcar to keep their hopes of a top six finish alive.
THE Somerset Rebels recorded a convincing 58-33 home win against Redcar to keep up their chase for a top six place in the Premier League.
The points were share during the first three races, but the Rebels took control after that, with Josh Grajczonek top scoring with 14.
Grajczonek was backed up by Nick Morris with 12 (paid 14) and Jason Doyle 10 (paid 11).
The rider of the night award, sponsored by Rapide System Supplies, was presented to Kyle Newman for his all-round effort on the night, including a couple of second places.
You may also want to watch:
Although not winning a race, Alex Davies put in a good show, but his night was brightened with a £250 award from the Speedway Riders Equipment Fund before the meeting.
The Rebels face the Plymouth Devils at home tomorrow (Fri) and travel to Devon for the return fixture the following day.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released