Weston Squash and Racketball Club third team had a convincing 15-8 win against Whitchurch Imperial C.
WESTON Squash and Racketball Club third team had a convincing 15-8 win against Whitchurch Imperial C.
Joe Radcliffe, playing at number one, made a brilliant start winning 3-2; Stefan Smith lost 3-0 against a stronger player. Allan Milnes had a good game but lost 3-2; Chris Farrant won 3-1 against a difficult opponent and Harvey Lane (captain) produced an outstanding performance to secure a 3-0 victory.
Anybody interested in joining the club should contact Rod Barnes on 07766 116203.
Weston C team put up their best performance to date, despite losing 15-10 to Kingsdown B.
You may also want to watch:
The team’s star player, Chris Farrant, put in another sterling performance to win in straight sets 3-0. Both Harvey Lane and Alan Milnes narrowly missed out on a win, but took their games to five sets.
Stefan Smith also had a five set game, which after initially losing the first two games, came back strong to convincingly win 3-2. Caroline Taylor struggled again with another 0-3 loss.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault