Weston Squash and Racketball Club third team had a convincing 15-8 win against Whitchurch Imperial C.
WESTON Squash and Racketball Club third team had a convincing 15-8 win against Whitchurch Imperial C.
Joe Radcliffe, playing at number one, made a brilliant start winning 3-2; Stefan Smith lost 3-0 against a stronger player. Allan Milnes had a good game but lost 3-2; Chris Farrant won 3-1 against a difficult opponent and Harvey Lane (captain) produced an outstanding performance to secure a 3-0 victory.
Anybody interested in joining the club should contact Rod Barnes on 07766 116203.
Weston C team put up their best performance to date, despite losing 15-10 to Kingsdown B.
You may also want to watch:
The team’s star player, Chris Farrant, put in another sterling performance to win in straight sets 3-0. Both Harvey Lane and Alan Milnes narrowly missed out on a win, but took their games to five sets.
Stefan Smith also had a five set game, which after initially losing the first two games, came back strong to convincingly win 3-2. Caroline Taylor struggled again with another 0-3 loss.
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown