Creese's volley helps Wrington Redhill FC beat Middlezoy Rovers Reserves
- Credit: Wrington Redhill FC
Joe Creese's last minute winner helped Wrington Redhill beat Middlezoy Rovers Reserves to continue their good start to the season.
Despite several first team regulars away, the hosts who came into the game with four wins, one draw and one defeat, were largely in control of the first half but couldn't turn their pressure into goals.
George Fake went close but saw his shot blocked behind before goalkeeper James Williams saved well from Jack Reed to keep the scores level.
More frustration in the second-half saw Fake shoot straight at Calum Pugh before Creese fired over in a game that looked to be heading for a goalless draw.
However, a master stroke from assistant manager Sam Clements, when he brought himself on up front as a battering ram to cause mayhem, saw him get to a throw-in from the right and flicked it onto to Creese.
You may also want to watch:
The forward volleyed into the bottom corner to give the Redskins the win and top Uhlsport Somerset County Division One.
Wrington's Man of the Match was awarded to Dan Ferguson for a disciplined display at the back and linking well with the forward line.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
The Redskins now host Bunrham United this Saturday as they look to make it six games unbeaten.