Cribbage teams raise money for charity
The three cribbage teams who play for the Social Club in Devonshire Road played a friendly competition and raised over £400 for a local charity.
DURING the summer, the three cribbage teams who play for the Social Club in Devonshire Road in the Weston Mixed League, played a friendly competition and in the process raised £406 for a local charity.
The winning pair of the competition chose the charity the Notable Club, based in Weston.
The Notable Club was formed in 1983 as a socially active club for physically disabled adults up to the age of 60. They have 50 members and as well as their weekly meetings held at the Uphill Scout HQ in Weston, they also go on outings at least once a month.
Secretary Dina Parker was thrilled with the donation as this will go towards the specialist transport that is required to take the members on outings.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Notable Club, please contact Dina on 07845 220349.
WESTON Men’s Cribbage League:
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
W D L Pts
Raddys 5 2 1 43
Charles Dickens 4 1 3 35
Regency B 4 1 2 34
Regency A 4 1 3 33
Bristol Hotel 3 3 1 33
Services 3 2 2 31
Weston Golf Club 4 0 3 31
Criterion 3 1 4 30
New Inn, Kewstoke 4 0 3 29
Baker St Boys 1 2 4 22
49 Club 2 0 5 22
Old Kings Head 1 3 4 22
Working Men’s A 2 0 5 19