Cricket all stars come to Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
WESTON-SUPER-MARE will welcome some of the world’s biggest names in world cricket, when Weston Cricket Club host touring side Lashings All Stars.
The game, scheduled for May 1 next year, will take place at Weston CC’s Devonshire Road ground and will run alongside the club’s annual Beer & Cider Festival.
Lashings All Stars are made up of current and former professional and international cricketers and since their inception 31 years ago have fielded some of the world’s greatest players, including Brian Lara, Sachin Tendulkar and Muttiah Muralithan. More recent names include Herschelle Gibbs, Tino Best, Philip Defreitas, Devon Malcolm and even current England Test batsman Nick Compton.
Gibbs, Best, former England wicketkeeper Geraint Jones and West Indies great Gordon Greenidge have already been confirmed to face Weston, whose 1st XI compete in the West of England Premier Two Division.
The Beer & Cider Festival will run across the bank holiday weekend starting on April 30, finishing with live music until late on Sunday 1st May.
You may also want to watch:
Further information will be released on these events in the near future any queries and more details can be found by contacting Chris Davison on email@example.com or 07808127228.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud