Cricket all stars come to Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
WESTON-SUPER-MARE will welcome some of the world’s biggest names in world cricket, when Weston Cricket Club host touring side Lashings All Stars.
The game, scheduled for May 1 next year, will take place at Weston CC’s Devonshire Road ground and will run alongside the club’s annual Beer & Cider Festival.
Lashings All Stars are made up of current and former professional and international cricketers and since their inception 31 years ago have fielded some of the world’s greatest players, including Brian Lara, Sachin Tendulkar and Muttiah Muralithan. More recent names include Herschelle Gibbs, Tino Best, Philip Defreitas, Devon Malcolm and even current England Test batsman Nick Compton.
Gibbs, Best, former England wicketkeeper Geraint Jones and West Indies great Gordon Greenidge have already been confirmed to face Weston, whose 1st XI compete in the West of England Premier Two Division.
The Beer & Cider Festival will run across the bank holiday weekend starting on April 30, finishing with live music until late on Sunday 1st May.
You may also want to watch:
Further information will be released on these events in the near future any queries and more details can be found by contacting Chris Davison on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07808127228.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery