Croquet challenge at Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A croquet challenge for sports clubs is being held at Nailsea in April.
NAILSEA & District Croquet Club is holding a competition for local sports club teams from 1.30pm on April 27.
The idea is that teams of four will come to the club to learn some croquet skills and take part in The Croquet Challenge.
The skills will include hoop running, aiming at balls from various distances, playing two-ball strokes, scoring goals and completing short breaks.
The entry fee per team of four is £10 and this will include a glass of Pimm’s for each player. Spectators are welcome and there will be a bar and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped to make this an annual event and all age groups are welcome and teams can be mixed or single sex. All equipment will be provided, but flat-soled shoes are required on the lawns.
Places are limited to 16 teams, so entries should be sent as soon as possible, while the deadline date is April 12.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01275 847902.