Crucial victory for Belvedere
Belvedere gained a crucial victory in their bid to escape relegation.
BELVEDERE entertained second-placed North Petherton knowing a win was imperative if they were to maintain their Division 1 status.
Having lost the toss Belvedere were asked to bat first and were soon in trouble losing both openers Cornish and Jones to the spin of Bunce.
Joe Gadd was run out while Ashfield launched a counter-attack, hitting four fours in an entertaining 25 before he was bowled.
The partnership between Chadwick and Crockett proved vital as the latter smashed 47 off 33 balls including five sixes. Chadwick was out for 21 and was soon followed by McCrea, leaving Belvedere struggling on 115-6. A collapse ensued as the home side were bowled out for 119.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Cornish took two quick wickets. Belvedere pressed home the advantage as Gadd bowled Bunce and Chadwick held one at slip to leave the visitors 13-4. Gadd (2-22) struck again, while Cornish was on fire, bowling a great spell and continued to take wickets.
With the innings in tatters, Cornish finished off the innings, bowling North Petherton all out for 48, with Cornish finishing with career best figures of 8-20 off 10.3 overs. The hosts picked up a vital 30 points in their quest for survival with Matt Cornish taking the WsM Auto Electrical man of the match award.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
M Cornish c Thurston b Bunce 4
J Jones c L Irish b Bunce 5
B Ashfield b L Irish 25
Joe Gadd run out 2
N Chadwick c&b Gibbs 21
K Crockett c Gibbs b Knight 47
S McCrea lbw Knight 4
M Hosey b Knight 0
R Watts c L Irish b Thurston 0
M Broadhead not out 1
R Huish b Thurston 0
L Irish c Ashfield b Cornish 3
L Knight b Cornish 0
D Tottle c Chadwick b Cornish 1
A Bunce b Joe Gadd 1
I Hucker b Cornish 6
H Bowditch c&b Joe Gadd 1
T Gibbs b Cornish 11
P Derbidge lbw Cornish 12
N Revans b Cornish 6
P Thurston c Huish b Cornish 3
A Bere not out 0
Bowling: M Cornish 10.3-3-20-8; Joe Gadd 9-4-22-2; S McCrea 1-0-4-0.