Crusaders cruise through Somerset Cup tie
- Credit: Archant
Weston Crusaders Under-14s ran in 10 goals in their Somerset Cup tie against Timsbury.
WESTON Crusaders Under-14s started their campaign in the Somerset Cup against a physical Timsbury side.
Some quick passing and moving saw them quickly go 2-0 up with Charlie setting up both Mike and then squaring to Ethan to curl one over the keeper, before getting the third himself from a Snedds cross. Thomas then slid in a fourth before Jake raced through for number five.
The second half saw Mike bravely get his second latching on to Harry’s clearance, Ben helped himself to two, before Aidan and James both scored to make it an emphatic 10-0 finish.
Man of the match sponsored by Wayne Coombes’ Decorating went to Mike Murch.
You may also want to watch:
ASPIRING footballers from North Somerset have been given new kits thanks to the Grand Pier in Weston.
Hutton Under-13s Football Club players were given new training kits after the Grand Pier became their official sponsor for the season.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
The popular seaside attraction donated £500 towards the club, which has helped to pay for new football shirts and shorts.
Paul Charalambous, Grand Pier general manager, said: “It is important for children to become more active outside the classroom. We are therefore delighted to support the players at Hutton and ensure as a team they continue to be engaged in sport.”
Hutton Football Club is a Charter Standard Development Club with more than 250 children, young people and adult members.
It offers a complete path from the Under-7 age group through to senior men’s football, with expanding female sections.
Shaun Palfrey, Hutton Under-13s manager, said: “The team are delighted with their new kit and we would like to extend a huge thank you to the Grand Pier for their generous support.”