Crusaders finish as runners-up
Weston Crusaders Under-14s played four games in 12 days to finish their league season, ending as runners-up.
Weston Crusaders Under-14s played four games in 12 days to finish strongly.
They started with Nailsea Athletic and after a tight start and a fine save from Harry, they eased ahead with Aidan scoring a well-taken hat-trick, with two each from Jake and Michael as they recorded a 7-0 win.
They recorded the same score-line against Priory Pumas with James (3), Jake, Michael (2) and one from Joel.
Hosting Nailsea Athletic for the second time in eight days, they once again came out victorious. Jake crossed for Mike to head in early on. Rhys had a long-range free kick tipped over. A fine ball from Aidan sent Mike through to slot in, while Aidan crashed the third home from a free kick and Ethan blazed over the bar from close range from the best move of a scrappy second half as the game finished 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
They finished off their league season in style aganst Clevedon and despite being ravaged by injuries, they dominated the game from the start. James finished with an incredible tally of seven goals with Michael netting one along with Reece and Snedds, both scoring from the spot.
The line-up of Charlie, Joel, Blondie, Reece, Ethan, Aidan, Ben, Snedds, Jake, James and Michael played some fluid football securing yet another clean sheet and finishing runners-up in the league and look forward to their two remaining cup finals.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston