Cup win for Berrow
Berrow School triumph in this year’s junior schools tennis cup.
AVENUE Tennis Club head coach Vinny Duddy and coach Barry Ramsden ran the 2011 Junior Schools Tennis Cup at the club recently.
The two coaches were assisted by Mrs Sarah Musset from King Alfred School and Mrs Linda Ayers from Berrow School. The Tennis Cup was won by Berrow School, East Brent came second, Mark were third and the B team from Berrow School came last.
The competition is part of the LTA and Tennis Foundations initiative to encourage some new junior players into tennis and competition with the winners invited to play against other Somerset schools in a county schools final at Blackbrook July 7.
Duddy and Phillips will continue their junior schools tennis blitz with visits to Brent Knoll and Churchfields and wanted to remind parents that their children were all invited to come to the Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham for a free taster session on either the Friday night Vinny’s Minis session or the Saturday morning pay and play sessions.
You may also want to watch:
The club will be holding its open day on July 3. All are welcome to attend the free coaching with racket demos from Tony Pryce/Prince.
A new membership deal will also be available throughout July of nine months for the price of six, for adult membership only this will also include three free group coaching lessons.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
Details of coaching and whats on can be obtained from the club’s website (www.avenuetennis.com) or you can ring the club on 01278 782758.