Daisy earns South West tumbling medal
- Credit: Archant
Splitz Gym Club member Daisy Hooper won a gold medal at the South West Tumbling Championships in Bristol.
SPLITZ Gym Club competed in the South West Tumbling Championships in Bristol and took 21 gymnasts between the ages of seven and 16 years.
These included Chili Harling, Roxxi Crandon, Storm Evans Ingram, Jessica Wilford, Ellie Mae Shearer, Taylor Drewer, Emma Byrne, Daisy Hooper, Harry Sheppard, Abel Luke, Isabelle Murphy, Libby Bunker, Kayleigh Down, Archie Pickles.
Seven gymnasts were competing for the first time: Kyra Bonner, Freya Graften, Erin Madge, Mia Croker, Daisy Hooper, Mae Li Pang, Chloe Reyes.
Medal Winners were: Daisy Hooper (11-12) gold; Mae Li Pang (9-10) silver; Harry Sheppard (11-12) bronze; Abel Luke (9-10) bronze; Isabelle Murphy (11-12) bronze; Libby Bunker (15+) bronze; Kayleigh Down (11-12) fourth; Chloe Reyes (8) fourth; Archie Pickles (9-10) fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Sharon Benham said “I couldn’t be more happier with our gymnasts, they have worked so hard.”
Thanks go to tumbling coach Libby Bunker, who helped all the new tumblers, and also coach Louise Walker and supporting parents.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 9 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 10 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
The club’s next tumbling competition is the South West Prelims that leads to the national finals.
If you would like to join Splitz Gym Club, visit the website email@example.com or phone 07900 856129.