Daisy earns South West tumbling medal
- Credit: Archant
Splitz Gym Club member Daisy Hooper won a gold medal at the South West Tumbling Championships in Bristol.
SPLITZ Gym Club competed in the South West Tumbling Championships in Bristol and took 21 gymnasts between the ages of seven and 16 years.
These included Chili Harling, Roxxi Crandon, Storm Evans Ingram, Jessica Wilford, Ellie Mae Shearer, Taylor Drewer, Emma Byrne, Daisy Hooper, Harry Sheppard, Abel Luke, Isabelle Murphy, Libby Bunker, Kayleigh Down, Archie Pickles.
Seven gymnasts were competing for the first time: Kyra Bonner, Freya Graften, Erin Madge, Mia Croker, Daisy Hooper, Mae Li Pang, Chloe Reyes.
Medal Winners were: Daisy Hooper (11-12) gold; Mae Li Pang (9-10) silver; Harry Sheppard (11-12) bronze; Abel Luke (9-10) bronze; Isabelle Murphy (11-12) bronze; Libby Bunker (15+) bronze; Kayleigh Down (11-12) fourth; Chloe Reyes (8) fourth; Archie Pickles (9-10) fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Sharon Benham said “I couldn’t be more happier with our gymnasts, they have worked so hard.”
Thanks go to tumbling coach Libby Bunker, who helped all the new tumblers, and also coach Louise Walker and supporting parents.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
The club’s next tumbling competition is the South West Prelims that leads to the national finals.
If you would like to join Splitz Gym Club, visit the website firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07900 856129.