Dambusters fail to make the semi-finals
Three teams battled in a quarter-final match of the Angling Times Supercup took place at Shiplate Farm Fishery at Bleadon.
A QUARTER-final match of the Angling Times Supercup took place at Shiplate Farm Fishery at Bleadon.
The three teams competing to go through to the semi-finals were Watchet Angling Club, Dambusters (Weston) and South Devon Match Group.
After the five-hour match, the fish were weighed-in and the points were tallied up. The final result saw South Devon Match Group going through to the semi-finals at East Sussex in June.
The biggest single weight of the match was Lewis Jones (Dambusters) with a total weight of 48lb 2oz.
You may also want to watch:
A pleasant day contributed to the afternoon and evening match held on the Hawthorns Lake. The fish taking more of the bait quite late into the match, made the evening weigh-in a close fight for the top places.
Results: Tim Lewis (peg 12) 61lb 3oz; Lewis Jones (peg 6) 59lb 15oz; Dominic Sullivan (peg 10) 40lb 14oz; Mark Foster (peg 4) 22lb 8oz; Phil Lambert (peg 2) 7lb 2oz; Gary Lambert (peg 8) 2lb 14oz.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 10 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
Silvers went to Dominic with 17lb 12oz.
Glorious weather all day made a comfortable match for the 22 competitors fishing the Main Lake. Results: Tony Newall (peg 15) 46lb 5 oz; Roger Coombes (peg 14) 43lb 2oz; Robby Boy (peg 8) 42lb 12oz; Andrew Butt (peg 1) 40lb 10oz; Dave Nash (peg 5a) 33lb 8oz (silvers); Bob Pascoe (peg 13a) 28lb 12oz.