Danielle earns her black belt
Weston arate club member Danielle Creese has achieved her black belt after many years.
WESTON Karate club member Danielle Creese has achieved her black belt after many years.
Danielle started training at the club at the age of eight back in 2001. She took her first grading in 2002 and progressed quickly, taking her last grading before her black belt in 2004.
After a break of several years, Danielle returned last year and focused on achieving her goal. Her fitness, flexibility and karate knowledge improved after regular lessons.
Danielle was put through a vigorous two hour training session. Her grading not only tested her on the usual aspects of karate, but also the function of many techniques on opponents. Finally she had to fight four other students in the kumite section, testing her survival attitude.
You may also want to watch:
The three examiners were unanimous to award her the prestigious title of black belt and to see her attain her goal.
New beginners’ courses are starting now at Hutton Moor, with the first two weeks free. For further details, ring Kevin on 01934 624713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 6 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 7 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 8 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston