Danielle earns her black belt
Weston arate club member Danielle Creese has achieved her black belt after many years.
WESTON Karate club member Danielle Creese has achieved her black belt after many years.
Danielle started training at the club at the age of eight back in 2001. She took her first grading in 2002 and progressed quickly, taking her last grading before her black belt in 2004.
After a break of several years, Danielle returned last year and focused on achieving her goal. Her fitness, flexibility and karate knowledge improved after regular lessons.
Danielle was put through a vigorous two hour training session. Her grading not only tested her on the usual aspects of karate, but also the function of many techniques on opponents. Finally she had to fight four other students in the kumite section, testing her survival attitude.
You may also want to watch:
The three examiners were unanimous to award her the prestigious title of black belt and to see her attain her goal.
New beginners’ courses are starting now at Hutton Moor, with the first two weeks free. For further details, ring Kevin on 01934 624713 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards